Thursday, May 24, 2012

Fettuccine Alfredo

This recipe is a keeper, and it's foolproof. I've never made this dish before, but knew I could make a better version than the stuff I've tried at restaurants with a little research. I searched a variety of recipes, read reviews and watched videos. What I came up with was delicious. I started off simple and gradually added ingredients to make the perfect taste.


 1/2 lb fettuccine
2 cups heavy cream
1 stick unsalted butter
1 cup fresh grated parm

Ingredients to add to taste:
White pepper  ....I probably ended up using 1 1/2 tsp
fresh grated Nutmeg......I used 1/2 tsp
Parsley......about 1 tbs
grated or minced shallot......1/2 tsp
grated of minced clove garlic .....1/2 clove
Fresh Lemon juice to taste after pasta is tossed in cheese sauce. I only used half a small lemon, lightly drizzled, didn't even use all the juice it had.

Prepare your fettuccine noodles according to package direction, set aside.

Over medium high heat. Pour a pint (2 cups) heavy cream into a large skillet, add 1 stick butter cubed. Whisk in the butter to incorporate. Once the cream mixture starts to simmer and froth, add freshly 1 cup of grated parmesan ( I broke mine into pieces and food processed it ahead of time). As you pour in the parmesan, whisk it in, you will see it start to melt and thicken. Let it simmer once again, and once it looks like a creamy consistency, add your fettuccine. To taste, add your white pepper and nutmeg, add your garlic and shallot and lastly drizzle your pasta with lemon to your taste, it adds some refreshment from the heaviness. Voila, serve right away for best taste and appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment