Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Swedish meatballs and lingonberries

This is my first real meal post morning sickness. There has been a huge gap in recipes postings, and that is the reason why. I couldn't look at food, think about food, talk about food or eat food since late June. It was a hard time, only towards the end of the first trimester did I throw up, but only twice. I preferred the vomit to the dry heaving days where I couldn't. But tonight I was so happy and it was the first home cooked meal that I truly craved and devoured. Recipe is pretty easy because after all I have to start slow, still weary of meats, raw meats will be later this week if I'm brave.
Turkey meatballs (I used trader joes) baked them in the oven. Wide egg noodles. Gravy can be made several ways, using beef broth, flour, garlic powder, onion powder, dill, salt, pepper, boil and thicken with flour and then turn down heat. Add heavy cream last to your preferred taste. Lingonberry jam can be found at Ike's or whole foods. Ikeas is 2.99 and whole foods option is 6.99, so I suggest you stock up when out at an Ikea. I served green beans with it for a veggie. The berries make it. One of my favorite easy meals!

No comments:

Post a Comment