Monday, September 24, 2012

Moms famous chili


Today I woke up to freezing hardwood floors, whistling wind and dappled sunshine, in other words an ideal fall day. I am currently 20 1/2 weeks pregnant and craving red meat, this is after all around the time my iron depletion in my system occurs. This chili makes me so happy and it's so yummy! With only 8 ingredients, it's very quick and simple to whip up. I use my crockpot to keep it hot all afternoon and evening long.

For just my husband and I, I cut my mom's recipe in half...double this is you want more.

- 1 LB very lean ground sirloin
- 1 28 oz can stewed tomatoes (lightly blended or food processed)
- 1 small can seasoned tomato paste
- 1 can dark red kidney beans
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 Packet of chili seasoning

Brown meat in a skillet, drain and add chili seasoning. In the crockpot, combine all the above ingredients and then add a can of your preferred beer. Set to low and let heat for about 2 hours before starting to enjoy. In my family we top with with cheddar and sour cream and eat with potato chips! MMMM! 

No comments:

Post a Comment